Recently retired, the clients were looking to move from London to the bustling seaside town of Poole. They found a chalet bungalow at a desirable location right by Poole Park and only a short distance from Poole Harbour & Sandbanks beaches. However, due to it being previously rented out long term, it was in need of a lot of modernisation.
The client’s desire was to create a large steam shower area in the master en-suite with plenty of space for them to relax, listen to music and unwind after a busy day.
Due to the size and layout of the existing en-suite, and especially its low angled ceilings, careful planning was required to provide the client with the desired, spacious steam shower without
compromising too much on the floor space.
Steam shower area with sound & lighting
The clients wanted to create an area for absolute relaxation, a private wellness oasis, accessible only from their bedroom.
- watertight and steam-proof components with longevity
- spacious seating area
- practical storage
- sound technology
Products used, Base products
- wedi Vapor 85 building boards with pre-installed vapour barrier membrane (SD value of 92)
- wedi Sanoasa Bellina seat element
- wedi Sanoasa Bellina carrier element
- wedi 610 adhesive & sealant
- wedi Tools joint reinforcement tape, self adhesive
- wedi 620 sealant
- wedi Tools waterproof sealing tape
- wedi Tools waterproof sealing corners
- wedi Tools washers, stainless steel
Products used, Individual products
- 1600 x 950 x 50mm wedi Fundo Riolito shower element
(1100mm channel on the long side and DN50 horizontal drainage)
wedi solutions, Designed & built by the installer
- a practical and easy to maintain niche for storage (using the trimmings of Vapor 85 building boards)
The required technology was integrated into the wedi elements by the installer, providing the clients with the perfect atmosphere to promote well-being.
‘Compared with cement board/aqua panel, wedi is truly a superb system; easy to use and fit, lightweight and perfect for tiling over. I will definitely be using wedi for future bathroom installs’
Nick Turner, Director at William Bowley Projects Ltd.
Project type: Refurbishment
Contractor: William Bowley Projects Ltd